Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution implies storing and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server managed by a web hosting distributor. There are various groups of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a gaze at them. Thus, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you desire to own a blog, mail aliases, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution offered by given providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage services frequently involve ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly erroneous interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between different bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a kind of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is good if you wish to share a large quantity of pictures with mates or colleagues since the service is commonly free. You will receive a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to handling your e-mail box accounts. Some providers provide site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an email service. If you would like to manage an email address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a hard time with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to possess as many video files as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to have a site. To some extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mail aliases, upload video files, and so on. At Asmartdomain, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common email/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for particular content solely.